Sunday, May 13, 2018

A Breakthrough

We are a bit behind on blogging in part because last week we were in Sevilla on our last school break before summer. There are, of course, posts to come about our recent travels, but first this quick post about something that happened in our most recent week of school.

The week before we went to Sevilla was our 30th (!) week of Spanish classes. Up to then, I had been steadily improving, but still felt like I was struggling with speaking the language. Shana continued to do better with speaking although I felt our ability to understand was similar.  But, in the 30th week, I suddenly was able to speak better and with greater confidence. I still feel like I have a long way to go, but the path to great fluency seems open whereas before I couldn't really see how I would even get there.

I wish I could explain how this happened, but I suspect it was just a lot of accumulated knowledge and practice that allowed me to (finally) make a breakthrough. Now, hopefully, I can continue improving before we head out on our long summer break.

Hasta luego,

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Hola! This is Atsuto.
    I have lost my whatsapp account so have to tell you here that we will be back to San Sebastian on the 13th of July.
    We have been delayed for some reasons but are looking forward to seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Atsuto,
    Esperamos que toda esteis bien. Necesitamos hablar con vosotros antes de que vuelvais a San Sebastian. Si tienes email, mandame un email a jmintz8110@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete